all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* air traffic controller game for emacs
@ 2009-09-18  9:06 bar tomas
From: bar tomas @ 2009-09-18  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
Do you know where I can download the Air Traffic Controller for Emacs?
I saw a version at
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Games/Arcade/atc-1.0/ but I get
an error when trying to access the ftp link. Also, it seems to require
make, and I'm on a win xp environment.
Thansk very much.

* Re: air traffic controller game for emacs
       [not found] <mailman.6927.1253264812.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-09-18  9:56 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2009-09-18  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

bar tomas <bartomas@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> Do you know where I can download the Air Traffic Controller for Emacs?
> I saw a version at
> http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Games/Arcade/atc-1.0/ but I get
> an error when trying to access the ftp link. Also, it seems to require
> make, and I'm on a win xp environment.

It seems to me that it's the classical bsd-games atc, with an emacs
mode to display it in an emacs buffer.

So if you want to play with atc on MS-Windows, you could  download the
bsd-games package, which includes atc.
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/linux/games/bsd-games-2.17.tar.gz

and use cygwin to compile it:

   http:/www.cygwin.com
   http:/www.cygwin.com/setup.exe

This installs on MS-Windows some unix tools, including gcc and make.

There may be needed some patch to the sources, if you google for
bsd-games cygwin you will see some discussions about porting bsd-games
to cygwin.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__

* Re: air traffic controller game for emacs
@ 2009-09-18 11:19   ` bar tomas
From: bar tomas @ 2009-09-18 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Pascal J. Bourguignon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thanks for the tips!