Hi, So I've added as you suggest (custom-set-variables (...other customizations ...) '(truncate-lines nil)) in the init.el file, but I still get line truncation in all my buffers. In the menu Options 'truncate long lines in this buffer' is activated. If I disactivate this option in the menu I still continue getting line truncation (drives me crazy). I guess there is nothing else to be done? Thanks On 9/6/09, Suvayu Ali > wrote: > > On Sunday 06 September 2009 09:34 AM, bar tomas wrote: > >> Hi, >> How can I set the option "wrap line at edge of window" in the .emacs init >> file? >> Also, I'd like to disable truncate long lines. Although I have disabled >> this >> option through the menu/Options, lines continue to be truncated befor the >> windows edge. How can I stop truncation of long lines? >> Thanks very much >> >> > How about put this in your .emacs > (custom-set-variables > (...other customizations ...) > '(truncate-lines nil)) > > -- > Suvayu > > Open source is the future. It sets us free. > > >