On 2016-08-29 09:17, Stefan Monnier wrote: >>> The patch below is supposed to change Emacs such that if the file's >>> >> timestamp has changed, but the contents is still the same, it doesn't >>> >> prompt the user about a supersession-threat. >>> >> Any objection? >> > This sounds like a neat feature! Are you sure you want (point-min) and >> > (point-max) rather than 1 and (buffer-size), though? > I hate this assumption that point-min is 1 (so much so that my own > local Emacs has point-min set to 12345678). Sorry, maybe you misunderstood me, or maybe I misunderstood you. Where do you see an assumption that point-min is 1? Also, why not just introduce a function buffer-min, instead of the (save-restriction) + (widen) dance? Clément.