all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs 23.31 on winxp how to run terminal application from shortcut key
@ 2014-03-11 22:45 meshulum
From: meshulum @ 2014-03-11 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I usually edit on linux with emacs.
At work I must edit text using a brain dead editor on windows xp pro.
I want to automate grabbing the text into emacs and returning it after i am done.

I have been searching how to do this but can't seem to locate it in help.

I have a pair of autohotkey scripts that i can run from the command line in a cmd.exe windows shell.

1. One script copies text out of a "brain dead editor on windows" (that I must use for work) into emacs ( c:\mlaks\get.ahk)

2. then I edit the text in emacs

3. then I run the second  script to copy the final text back into the "brain dead editor on windows" so I can save it for my boss. (c:\mlaks\put.ahk)

Right now I can run the two scripts from a cmd.exe prompt, (or equivalently from a shell within emacs (M-x shell).)

Then I would like to bind it to an unused pair of key combinations.

So I first tried to do it without starting a shell.

M-x!c:\mlaks\get.ahk
or
M-x!c:/mlaks/get.ahk
or
M-x!"c:\mlaks\get.ahk"

but it did not work.

after i did that I figured to find out how to
bind it to a key combination/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-03-11 22:45 UTC | newest]