all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* skipping arguments with mode-compile
@ 2010-03-23 21:49 LanX
From: LanX @ 2010-03-23 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I'm stuck ... I was able to customize most interactive inputs to be
skipped when invoking mode-compile.

But I'm still asked for arguments like in
"Arguments to foo.pl perl script: "

Does anyone know how to costumize this, maybe on a per file basis?

Thanx
  LanX

* Re: skipping arguments with mode-compile
@ 2010-03-24 14:34 ` Christian Dietrich
From: Christian Dietrich @ 2010-03-24 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I'm stuck ... I was able to customize most interactive inputs to be
> skipped when invoking mode-compile.
>
> But I'm still asked for arguments like in
> "Arguments to foo.pl perl script: "
>
> Does anyone know how to costumize this, maybe on a per file basis?

Have you tried something like (compile "make -k"). This executes
`make -k` without asking. I bound some common make commands to
different keys.

greetz didi
--
No documentation is better than bad documentation
-- Das Ausdrucken dieser Mail wird urheberrechtlich verfolgt.

* Re: skipping arguments with mode-compile
@ 2010-03-25 23:13 ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2010-03-25 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm stuck ... I was able to customize most interactive inputs to be
> skipped when invoking mode-compile.
>
> But I'm still asked for arguments like in
> "Arguments to foo.pl perl script: "
>
> Does anyone know how to costumize this, maybe on a per file basis?
>
> Thanx
>   LanX

Looking at the code, you can't customize this away.  Of course you can
redefine the function in question or use a advice and/or bug the author
of mode-compile about this short-coming.

-ap