all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Debugger nag
@ 2010-09-24 11:10 Andrea Venturoli
From: Andrea Venturoli @ 2010-09-24 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello.

I've recently installed nxhtml (which helped me a lot on some web projects).
However, since then, every single trivial error brings up a stack trace
window.

E.g. I have a key assigned to compilation-next-error, so, after compile,
I'll keep pressing that key.
When at the end, I used to get a warning sound and a simple message; now
I always get a verbose windows with:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Moved past last error")
   signal(error ("Moved past last error"))
   error("Moved past last %s" "error")
   compilation-next-error(1 nil #<marker at 44578 in *compilation*>)
   compilation-next-error-function(1 nil)
   next-error(nil)
   call-interactively(next-error nil nil)

How can I restore the old behaviour (without removing nxhtml)?

  bye & Thanks
	av.

* Re: Debugger nag
@ 2010-09-25  1:00 ` Tim X
       [not found]   ` <xjlno.211352$9f6.443800@twister1.libero.it>
From: Tim X @ 2010-09-25  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Venturoli <ml.diespammer@netfence.it> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I've recently installed nxhtml (which helped me a lot on some web projects).
> However, since then, every single trivial error brings up a stack trace window.
>
> E.g. I have a key assigned to compilation-next-error, so, after compile, I'll
> keep pressing that key.
> When at the end, I used to get a warning sound and a simple message; now I
> always get a verbose windows with:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Moved past last error")
>   signal(error ("Moved past last error"))
>   error("Moved past last %s" "error")
>   compilation-next-error(1 nil #<marker at 44578 in *compilation*>)
>   compilation-next-error-function(1 nil)
>   next-error(nil)
>   call-interactively(next-error nil nil)
>

> How can I restore the old behaviour (without removing nxhtml)?

Maybe just unselect the "Enter Debugger On Error" option from the
options menu?

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: Debugger nag
       [not found]   ` <xjlno.211352$9f6.443800@twister1.libero.it>
@ 2010-09-25 17:32     ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2010-09-25 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Venturoli <ml.diespammer@netfence.it> writes:

> On 09/25/10 03:00, Tim X wrote:
>
>> Maybe just unselect the "Enter Debugger On Error" option from the
>> options menu?
>
> Thanks, and sorry for the stupid question.
>
> Is there anyway I can put this in .emacs, so I do not need to uncheck
> it every time?
>
>  bye & Thanks
> 	Andrea Venturoli

Maybe you should report this as a bug to the nxhtml people, assuming it
is really caused by this package.

(setq debug-on-error nil)

-ap

* Re: Debugger nag
       [not found]   ` <xjlno.211352$9f6.443800@twister1.libero.it>
@ 2010-09-26 22:11     ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2010-09-26 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Venturoli <ml.diespammer@netfence.it> writes:

> On 09/25/10 03:00, Tim X wrote:
>
>> Maybe just unselect the "Enter Debugger On Error" option from the
>> options menu?
>
> Thanks, and sorry for the stupid question.
>
> Is there anyway I can put this in .emacs, so I do not need to uncheck it every
> time?

If you un-tick the option and then select 'save options' then it should
not be enabled unless you select it.

By default, this option is usually off. Maybe you have something in your
.emacs which is turning it on? Run emacs -Q and see if it is enabled. If
not, then it is probably something in your .emacs doing it. If it is on,
either there is a bug in emacs or one of the add on packages is
turning it on and it sholdn't - also a bug.

Tim

--

@ 2010-09-27  7:41       ` Andrea Venturoli
From: Andrea Venturoli @ 2010-09-27  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 09/25/10 19:32, Andreas Politz wrote:

> Maybe you should report this as a bug to the nxhtml people

I'll try.

> assuming it is really caused by this package.

It is.

Putting or removing '(load "~/Prog/nxhtml/autostart.el")' in .emacs
enables/disablies this option.

> (setq debug-on-error nil)

Thanks, this was the solution.

  bye
	av.

* Re: Debugger nag
@ 2010-09-27  7:42       ` Andrea Venturoli
From: Andrea Venturoli @ 2010-09-27  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 09/27/10 00:11, Tim X wrote:
> Andrea Venturoli<ml.diespammer@netfence.it>  writes:
>
>> On 09/25/10 03:00, Tim X wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe just unselect the "Enter Debugger On Error" option from the
>>> options menu?
>>
>> Thanks, and sorry for the stupid question.
>>
>> Is there anyway I can put this in .emacs, so I do not need to uncheck it every
>> time?
>>

> If you un-tick the option and then select 'save options' then it should
> not be enabled unless you select it.

It didn't.

> By default, this option is usually off. Maybe you have something in your
> .emacs which is turning it on?

Sure, see my message to Andreas Politz.

  bye & Thanks
	av.

* Re: Debugger nag
@ 2010-09-27  7:44         ` Andrea Venturoli
From: Andrea Venturoli @ 2010-09-27  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 09/27/10 09:41, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 09/25/10 19:32, Andreas Politz wrote:
>
>> Maybe you should report this as a bug to the nxhtml people
>
> I'll try.

Well, now that I know what to look for :-) I see this is already
reported as a bug.

  bye & Thanks
	av.