all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs syntax hightlighting for C++ source codes!
@ 2007-08-13 12:54 Guofu Chen
From: Guofu Chen @ 2007-08-13 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am now using PuTTY in Windows XP to access a Unix machine. I can open the
C++-mode for
C++ source files, but I can not see the syntax hightlights for the C++
source codes.

Any ideas? Thanks!

* Re: Emacs syntax hightlighting for C++ source codes!
@ 2007-08-13 14:18 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-08-13 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Guofu Chen" <gchen@mathworks.com> writes:

Hi,

> I am now using PuTTY in Windows XP to access a Unix machine. I can
> open the C++-mode for C++ source files, but I can not see the syntax
> hightlights for the C++ source codes.
>
> Any ideas?

Does PuTTY support colors?

Which version of emacs runs on the remote machine?  If it's older than
22 `M-x global-font-lock-mode' might be required.  If that works, simply
put

  (global-font-lock-mode 1)

into your ~/.emacs on the remote machine.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Windows: So easy to admin, even a worm can do it.