all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 13:53 Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2006-09-25 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I really like AUCTeX except for one thing: the oversized, variable-space
fonts used to highlight the arguments of sectioning commands.

Is it possible to turn this off?  I'd prefer for these fields to be
highlighted in bold or a dark colour (or both) but in the same
monospace font as the rest of the emacs display.

Thanks,
Adam

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 14:03 ` Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2006-09-25 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2006-09-25, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I really like AUCTeX except for one thing: the oversized, variable-space
> fonts used to highlight the arguments of sectioning commands.
>
> Is it possible to turn this off?  I'd prefer for these fields to be
> highlighted in bold or a dark colour (or both) but in the same
> monospace font as the rest of the emacs display.

BTW found I the variable font-latex-fontify-sectioning in the manual
[1] but my emacs (in LaTeX-mode) doesn't know about it, so I can't set
it!

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Display

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 14:36 ` Vilar Neto
From: Vilar Neto @ 2006-09-25 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Funk wrote:
> I really like AUCTeX except for one thing: the oversized, variable-space
> fonts used to highlight the arguments of sectioning commands.
>
> Is it possible to turn this off?  I'd prefer for these fields to be
> highlighted in bold or a dark colour (or both) but in the same
> monospace font as the rest of the emacs display.

Should it be
  M-x customize-group font-latex-highlighting-faces
?

--
Regards,
Vilar Camara Neto

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 14:57 ` Joachim Schrod
From: Joachim Schrod @ 2006-09-25 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Funk wrote:
> I really like AUCTeX except for one thing: the oversized, variable-space
> fonts used to highlight the arguments of sectioning commands.
>
> Is it possible to turn this off?  I'd prefer for these fields to be
> highlighted in bold or a dark colour (or both) but in the same
> monospace font as the rest of the emacs display.

Something like

(custom-set-faces
  '(font-latex-title-1-face
    ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground "blue4" :bold
t))) t)
  '(font-latex-title-2-face
    ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground "blue4" :bold
t))) t)
  '(font-latex-title-3-face
    ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground "blue4" :bold
t))) t)
  '(font-latex-title-4-face
    ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground "blue4"))) t)
)

?
	Joachim

Joachim Schrod				Email: jschrod@acm.org
Roedermark, Germany

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 15:31   ` Gilbert Harman
From: Gilbert Harman @ 2006-09-25 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 2006-09-25, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I really like AUCTeX except for one thing: the oversized, variable-space
>> fonts used to highlight the arguments of sectioning commands.
>>
>> Is it possible to turn this off?  I'd prefer for these fields to be
>> highlighted in bold or a dark colour (or both) but in the same
>> monospace font as the rest of the emacs display.
>
> BTW found I the variable font-latex-fontify-sectioning in the manual
> [1] but my emacs (in LaTeX-mode) doesn't know about it, so I can't set
> it!

(setq font-latex-fontify-sectioning 'color) in .emacs works for me.

  Gil

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 16:19   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-09-25 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Sep 25 2006, Adam Funk wrote:

> BTW found I the variable font-latex-fontify-sectioning in the manual
> [1] but my emacs (in LaTeX-mode) doesn't know about it, so I can't set
> it!
>
> [1]
> http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Display

This is the manual corresponding to current AUCTeX version.  Depending
on your AUCTeX version, which you didn't mention, there might be a
different variable available (`font-latex-fontify-sectioning' has been
renamed from `font-latex-title-fontify'; in older versions, there even
was a typo in the name of the variable).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 16:33   ` Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2006-09-25 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2006-09-25, Vilar Neto <neto@dcc.nospam.ufmg.br> wrote:

> Should it be
>   M-x customize-group font-latex-highlighting-faces
> ?

Thanks!  Using that, I ended up with more or less what Joachim
suggests in my .emacs file.

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 16:37   ` Adam Funk
       [not found]     ` <mailman.7390.1159211497.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Adam Funk @ 2006-09-25 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2006-09-25, Joachim Schrod <jschrod@acm.org> wrote:

> Something like

Yes.  I started with

   M-x customize-group font-latex-highlighting-faces

as Vilar suggested and ended up with the following automatically
inserted in my .emacs file:

(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(font-latex-title-1-face ((t (:inherit font-latex-title-2-face))))
 '(font-latex-title-2-face ((t (:inherit font-latex-title-3-face))))
 '(font-latex-title-3-face ((t (:inherit font-latex-title-4-face))))
 '(font-latex-title-4-face ((((class color) (background light))
 (:foreground "blue4" :weight bold)))))

So now I have another question.  Previously I've taken things out of
the custom-set-variables stanza by changing
  '(x y)
for example, to
  (setq x y)
and moving it farther down the file, in order to be able to edit it
manually and copy it between accounts on different machines (because
of the "do not edit or cut/paste" warning).

Is there something similar I can do to move those lines out of that
"do not edit" zone?

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 19:09     ` Kevin Rodgers
       [not found]     ` <mailman.7390.1159211497.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-09-25 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Funk wrote:
> On 2006-09-25, Joachim Schrod <jschrod@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Something like
>
> Yes.  I started with
>
>    M-x customize-group font-latex-highlighting-faces
>
> as Vilar suggested and ended up with the following automatically
> inserted in my .emacs file:
>
> (custom-set-faces
>   ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
>   ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
>  '(font-latex-title-1-face ((t (:inherit font-latex-title-2-face))))
>  '(font-latex-title-2-face ((t (:inherit font-latex-title-3-face))))
>  '(font-latex-title-3-face ((t (:inherit font-latex-title-4-face))))
>  '(font-latex-title-4-face ((((class color) (background light))
>  (:foreground "blue4" :weight bold)))))
>

> So now I have another question.  Previously I've taken things out of
> the custom-set-variables stanza by changing
>   '(x y)
> for example, to
>   (setq x y)
> and moving it farther down the file, in order to be able to edit it
> manually and copy it between accounts on different machines (because
> of the "do not edit or cut/paste" warning).
>
> Is there something similar I can do to move those lines out of that
> "do not edit" zone?

See the [Face] Attribute Functions node of the Emacs Lisp manual,
or try: M-x apropos-function RET \`set-face- RET

--
Kevin

* Re: AUCTeX: turning off large fonts for section headings (in Emacs display)?
@ 2006-09-25 20:22     ` Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2006-09-25 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2006-09-25, Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:

>> http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Display
>
> This is the manual corresponding to current AUCTeX version.  Depending
> on your AUCTeX version, which you didn't mention, there might be a
> different variable available (`font-latex-fontify-sectioning' has been
> renamed from `font-latex-title-fontify'; in older versions, there even
> was a typo in the name of the variable).
>
> Bye, Reiner.

Aha, I see that the current version is 11.83, whereas I have the
current Ubuntu version, 11.55-3.  And indeed, my version has the
latter of the two variable names you mention.

Thanks for pointing that out.

@ 2006-09-26 10:19       ` Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2006-09-26 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2006-09-25, Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> So now I have another question.  Previously I've taken things out of
>> the custom-set-variables stanza by changing
>>   '(x y)
>> for example, to
>>   (setq x y)
>> and moving it farther down the file, in order to be able to edit it
>> manually and copy it between accounts on different machines (because
>> of the "do not edit or cut/paste" warning).
>>
>> Is there something similar I can do to move those lines out of that
>> "do not edit" zone?
>
> See the [Face] Attribute Functions node of the Emacs Lisp manual,
> or try: M-x apropos-function RET \`set-face- RET

Aha, thanks.