all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Run ghci on emacs startup?
@ 2008-06-23 16:15 Bastian.Webster
       [not found] ` <mailman.13768.1214280452.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bastian.Webster @ 2008-06-23 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am trying to get ghci to run and to change the size of the buffer to
a height of 5 lines when I startup Emacs.  I have not been able to
find anything online on how to accomplish this.  Any help would be
appreciated, and thank you in advance!

-- Bastian Webster

* Re: Run ghci on emacs startup?
@ 2008-06-24  4:07 ` Juanma Barranquero
       [not found] ` <mailman.13768.1214280452.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2008-06-24  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastian.Webster; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> I am trying to get ghci to run and to change the size of the buffer to
> a height of 5 lines when I startup Emacs.  I have not been able to
> find anything online on how to accomplish this.  Any help would be
> appreciated, and thank you in advance!

You can try something like this in your .emacs:

(setq inhibit-startup-screen t)

(require 'haskell-mode)
(require 'inf-haskell)
(setq haskell-program-name "ghci")
(let ((split-width-threshold nil))
  (run-haskell)
  (set-window-text-height (get-buffer-window "*haskell*") 5))

Good luck,

   Juanma

* Re: Run ghci on emacs startup?
       [not found] ` <mailman.13768.1214280452.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-06-24 11:28   ` Bastian.Webster
From: Bastian.Webster @ 2008-06-24 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jun 23, 11:07 pm, "Juanma Barranquero" <lek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to get ghci to run and to change the size of the buffer to
> > a height of 5 lines when I startup Emacs.  I have not been able to
> > find anything online on how to accomplish this.  Any help would be
> > appreciated, and thank you in advance!
>
> You can try something like this in your .emacs:
>
> (setq inhibit-startup-screen t)
>
> (require 'haskell-mode)
> (require 'inf-haskell)
> (setq haskell-program-name "ghci")
> (let ((split-width-threshold nil))
>   (run-haskell)
>   (set-window-text-height (get-buffer-window "*haskell*") 5))
>
> Good luck,
>
>    Juanma

ha ha!  Awesome! I had actually just managed to do it, but your method
is much better.  Here is what I came up with:

(run-haskell)
(select-next-window)
(enlarge-window 16)

Thanks for the help!

* Re: Run ghci on emacs startup?
@ 2008-06-24 11:30     ` Bastian.Webster
From: Bastian.Webster @ 2008-06-24 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jun 24, 6:28 am, Bastian.Webs...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 23, 11:07 pm, "Juanma Barranquero" <lek...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > I am trying to get ghci to run and to change the size of the buffer to
> > > a height of 5 lines when I startup Emacs.  I have not been able to
> > > find anything online on how to accomplish this.  Any help would be
> > > appreciated, and thank you in advance!
>
> > You can try something like this in your .emacs:
>
> > (setq inhibit-startup-screen t)
>
> > (require 'haskell-mode)
> > (require 'inf-haskell)
> > (setq haskell-program-name "ghci")
> > (let ((split-width-threshold nil))
> >   (run-haskell)
> >   (set-window-text-height (get-buffer-window "*haskell*") 5))
>
> > Good luck,
>
> >    Juanma
>
> ha ha!  Awesome! I had actually just managed to do it, but your method
> is much better.  Here is what I came up with:
>
> (run-haskell)
> (select-next-window)
> (enlarge-window 16)
>
> Thanks for the help!

select-next-window being a function I found here:
http://nex-3.com/posts/45-efficient-window-switching-in-emacs