On 1/4/07, Drew Adams wrote: > I support stripping it from what is shown to the user. That's what Michaël proposed, and I agreed. > I thought this was about "fixing" defcustom doc strings that > didn't need an initial `*' by removing it definitively, not > just for display. Not programmatically, no; though Michaël also talked about removing them definitely (and slowly: remember the needles) from defcustoms, *by hand*. > I also agree that `describe-variable' should indicate that an > option is an option. I think I said that. I support that change. Let's try to remember revisiting the issue after the release. > Not to worry ;-). Cool. /L/e/k/t/u