all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* C-u what-cursor-position should mention colors
@ 2005-08-03 20:53 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2005-08-03 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

C-u what-cursor-position and describe-char-after should also say
something about the font-lock-stuff.

I mean C-u what-cursor-position tells me in excruciating detail all
the details of a character, but neglects to tell me why it is in
purple and its twin neighbor isn't.

* Re: C-u what-cursor-position should mention colors
@ 2005-08-03 22:56 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2005-08-03 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

On 8/3/05, Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:

> C-u what-cursor-position and describe-char-after should also say
> something about the font-lock-stuff.

    character: f (0146, 102, 0x66, U+0066)
      charset: [ascii] (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
   code point: [102]
       syntax: w 	which means: word
     category: a:ASCII   l:Latin
  buffer code: 0x66
    file code: 0x66 (encoded by coding system undecided-dos)
      display: by this font (glyph code)
       -outline-Kamita
Emacs-normal-r-normal-normal-13-97-96-96-c-80-iso8859-1 (0x66)

  There are text properties here:
    face                 [font-lock-keyword-face]
    fontified            t
    hilit-chg            hilit-chg

Isn't that last part "something about the font-lock stuff", among other things?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: C-u what-cursor-position should mention colors
@ 2005-08-04  7:58   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-08-04  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Dan Jacobson

On Thu, Aug 04 2005, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> On 8/3/05, Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:
>
>> C-u what-cursor-position and describe-char-after should also say
>> something about the font-lock-stuff.
[...]
>   There are text properties here:
>     face                 [font-lock-keyword-face]
>     fontified            t
>     hilit-chg            hilit-chg
>
> Isn't that last part "something about the font-lock stuff", among
> other things?

As this message is directed to `bug-gnu-emacs', Dan probably is using
Emacs 21 which doesn't contain this information (okay, it must be
Emacs 21 because of `describe-char-after').  Dan, you should always
include the version numbers (also applies to bug-reports for Gnus, of
course).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: C-u what-cursor-position should mention colors
@ 2005-08-04  9:52     ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2005-08-04  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs, Dan Jacobson

On 8/4/05, Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:

> As this message is directed to `bug-gnu-emacs', Dan probably is using
> Emacs 21 which doesn't contain this information

Ugh, you're right.

I've seen so many messages by Dan that I deluded myself into thinking
he was running HEAD.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u