all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GNU Emacs 24.5.1, OSX, Weird GUI window problem
@ 2015-08-02 12:14 ivowel
From: ivowel @ 2015-08-02 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

dear emacs experts---I am running Vincent Goulet's osx gnu emacs, which in turn is based on david caldwell's,  on osx yosemite 10.4.4.  it works well in a terminal.  alas, in its own gui window, it seems buggy when I want to set the window height.  in init.el, I have nothing but

    (setq default-frame-alist (copy-alist initial-frame-alist))

    (progn
       (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(width . 140))
       (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(height . 90)) ;; this messes up my screen
    )

at this point, the cursor is above the visible area, and after a while, I get even stranger window corruptions (with the status bar being drawn a couple of times).  is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

/iaw

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-08-02 12:14 UTC | newest]