all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs Xresource question
@ 2005-05-03 12:46 Tim X
       [not found] ` <mailman.3296.1115234241.2819.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tim X @ 2005-05-03 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use .Xresources to set the various colors of my emacs. For example

Emacs.Foreground: wheat
Emacs.Background: black
Emacs.pointerColor: white
Emacs.cursorColor: red
Emacs.menu.attributeForeground: snow1
Emacs.menu.attributeBackground: darkred
Emacs.scrollBarBackground: midnightblue
Emacs.mode-line.attributeForeground: yellow
Emacs.mode-line.attributeBackground: midnightblue

This works great. HOwever, I have not been able to find the Xresource
attribute for the small pop-up window which sometimes happens when you
have used the menu to do something. Usually, its a yes/no prompt. The
problem is the background and foreground colours are so similar, you
cannot read the button or prompt.

Can anyone tell me what the x resource values are for this pop-up
window? I've looked through the maual, but can't find them anywhere.

thanks,

Tim

--
Tim Cross

* Re: Emacs Xresource question
@ 2005-05-04 19:14 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.3296.1115234241.2819.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-05-04 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.05.2005 um 14:46 schrieb Tim X:

> Can anyone tell me what the x resource values are for this pop-up
> window?

Could be these work:

Emacs.dialog*.font:             -*-new century
schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*
Emacs.dialog*.background:       LightSteelBlue1
Emacs.dialog*.foreground:       DarkRed

--
Greetings

   Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.

@ 2005-05-04 22:53   ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2005-05-04 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 03.05.2005 um 14:46 schrieb Tim X:
>
>> Can anyone tell me what the x resource values are for this pop-up
>> window?
>
> Could be these work:
>
> Emacs.dialog*.font:             -*-new century
> schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*
> Emacs.dialog*.background:       LightSteelBlue1
> Emacs.dialog*.foreground:       DarkRed

Thanks Pete. Can you tell me where you found this bit of info?

Tim

--

@ 2005-05-05  9:06     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-05-05  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.05.2005 um 00:53 schrieb Tim X:

>> Emacs.dialog*.font:             -*-new century
>> schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*
>> Emacs.dialog*.background:       LightSteelBlue1
>> Emacs.dialog*.foreground:       DarkRed
>>
> Thanks Pete. Can you tell me where you found this bit of info?

In last millenium. It probably was in the X Resources section, node
LessTif. And: they are still there!

C-h i m Emacs RET m X SPC Resou TAB RET

--
Greetings

   Pete

Chicago, n.:
         Where the dead still vote ... early and often!