all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem in Ubuntu with certain commands depending on mouse position
@ 2017-03-29  5:36 Jonathan Ganc
From: Jonathan Ganc @ 2017-03-29  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am running Emacs 25.1 in Ubuntu 16.10. Whenever I have two frames open
and the mouse is positioned over
the other frame (i.e. not over the active one), certain commands like
'yank-pop' and 'dabbrev-expand' don't work properly. I figured out that
the issue is that, in these situations, the Alt key is producing a
<switch-frame> event on key-down.

I don't know enough about x-windows/emacs input to know why this event
is being produced in this situation. I filed a bug
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26104 but the one
responder also didn't know the significance of the <switch-frame> being
produced here.

I don't mind trying to do some delving into the code and seeing if I can
fix the problem. However, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into
what was happening and why...?

Jonathan