all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* project prefix and mark-page
@ 2021-07-21  7:49 Manuel Uberti
From: Manuel Uberti @ 2021-07-21  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

since this is more of a curiosity than a bug report I am asking it here.

I heavily rely on project.el so many of my daily Emacs interactions start with
C-x p. However, if I do not release CTRL quick enough before hitting p I end up
with C-x C-p, which is bound to mark-page.

Now, after C-x p I usually hit p to select a project or f to find a file in the
current project. So it often happens that by mistake I hit C-x C-p p or C-x C-p
f, which is not what I was after.

To avoid this, I disabled C-x C-p in my configuration since I never use it. But
I was wondering: is this a "problem" only for me or are C-x p and C-x C-p too
close to be bound to such different commands?

Thank you

--
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu