all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Spellcheck against multiple dictionaries?
@ 2009-03-14 16:04 cmr.Pent
From: cmr.Pent @ 2009-03-14 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Emacsists!

I use Emacs almost daily, and one of the features I use frequently is
ispell-word (M-$). I find the feature very nice, except for one thing:
it seems to use only one (the "current") dictionary at a time. So,
every time I'm spellchecking a word I must make sure the correct
dictionary is selected, and if not, actually select it before hitting
M-$. It is very inconvinient when working with multilingual text.

Is there a nice way to let Emacs use multiple dictionaries for
spellchecking? I think it is a very practical approach, especially if
language character sets do not intersect (English/Russian for
example).

Thanks,
Andrey Paramonov

[parent not found: <49C09110.9010105@gmx.at>]