all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Leveraging Emacs for managing Wiki content (in a Sharepoint Env)
@ 2010-12-15 21:55 Umar
From: Umar @ 2010-12-15 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am in a shop where the SharePoint (SP) user configuration is rather rudimentary. The default SP site that is created for a project has a folder structure for checking in documents. There is a "policy" (edict) that at the "root" folder level such as:

http://projects.FOO.com/sites/ProgramOffice/PP/ProjectName/default.aspx

The default folder structure appears so that all the projects haave the "same look and feel."

Compliance aside, the folks on the team prefer a "wiki" like portal that enables shared collaboration and easy location of documents as opposed to manually drilling down each folder to locate a specific document.

Does anyone have any creative ideas that will allow me to leverage Emacs for creating and managing Wiki content at a subsite level (leaving the site level -- URL above -- unchanged for "compliance" reasons)?

I have heard of Emacs-Muse but don't know much.

I am not a SP developer nor Emacs-Lisp savvy.

Thanks for any input.