all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Leveraging Emacs for managing Wiki content (in a Sharepoint Env)
@ 2010-12-15 21:55 Umar
From: Umar @ 2010-12-15 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am in a shop where the SharePoint (SP) user configuration is rather rudimentary. The default SP site that is created for a project has a folder structure for checking in documents. There is a "policy" (edict) that at the "root" folder level such as:

http://projects.FOO.com/sites/ProgramOffice/PP/ProjectName/default.aspx

The default folder structure appears so that all the projects haave the "same look and feel."

Compliance aside, the folks on the team prefer a "wiki" like portal that enables shared collaboration and easy location of documents as opposed to manually drilling down each folder to locate a specific document.

Does anyone have any creative ideas that will allow me to leverage Emacs for creating and managing Wiki content at a subsite level (leaving the site level -- URL above -- unchanged for "compliance" reasons)?

I have heard of Emacs-Muse but don't know much.

I am not a SP developer nor Emacs-Lisp savvy.

Thanks for any input.

* Re: Leveraging Emacs for managing Wiki content (in a Sharepoint Env)
@ 2010-12-16  7:59 ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8.1292599621.3076.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2010-12-16  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Umar <ramu.iyer@gmail.com> wrote :

| I am in a shop where the SharePoint (SP) user configuration is rather
| rudimentary. The default SP site that is created for a project has a
| folder structure for checking in documents. There is a "policy" (edict)
| that at the "root" folder level such as:
>
| http://projects.FOO.com/sites/ProgramOffice/PP/ProjectName/default.aspx
>
| The default folder structure appears so that all the projects haave the
| "same look and feel."
>
| Compliance aside, the folks on the team prefer a "wiki" like portal that
| enables shared collaboration and easy location of documents as opposed
| to manually drilling down each folder to locate a specific document.
>
| Does anyone have any creative ideas that will allow me to leverage Emacs
| for creating and managing Wiki content at a subsite level (leaving the
| site level -- URL above -- unchanged for "compliance" reasons)?
>
| I have heard of Emacs-Muse but don't know much.

You can use muse indeed, there is a wiki mode. There is some learning and
some setup to do...

Another way, if you use firefox as your browser, is to use the "It's all
text" extension, which can be set up to use emacs as editor.

bye,
--
Jean

* Re: Leveraging Emacs for managing Wiki content (in a Sharepoint Env)
@ 2010-12-17 15:26   ` suvayu ali
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8.1292599621.3076.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: suvayu ali @ 2010-12-17 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Magnan de Bornier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier
<jean@bornier.net> wrote:
> Another way, if you use firefox as your browser, is to use the "It's all
> text" extension, which can be set up to use emacs as editor.

Thank you for this tip. Works perfect!

--
Suvayu

@ 2010-12-17 17:41     ` Elena
From: Elena @ 2010-12-17 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 17, 4:26 pm, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --
> Suvayu

Beware: open-source software is not free (as in free speech) software,
thus it does not set us free.