all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* c++-mode newline after if
@ 2007-04-09 18:40 Rares Vernica
From: Rares Vernica @ 2007-04-09 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

The c++-mode in emacs 22 inserts a new line after the if, so the code
will look like this:

if (a > 0)
   {

How can I disable this. I would like the code to be like this:

if (a > 0) {

Thanks a lot,
Ray

* Re: c++-mode newline after if
@ 2007-04-10  9:03 ` Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2007-04-10  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Apr 9, 7:40 pm, Rares Vernica <rvern...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The c++-mode in emacs 22 inserts a new line after the if, so the code
> will look like this:
>
> if (a > 0)
>    {

This is called "GNU style" C.

> How can I disable this. I would like the code to be like this:
>
> if (a > 0) {

This is "K&R style" C.
To change type C-c . k&r

That's control-c dot k & r

Other possibilities are Whitesmith style and Stroustrup style.

* Re: c++-mode newline after if
@ 2007-04-10 17:38   ` Rares Vernica
From: Rares Vernica @ 2007-04-10 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Robert Thorpe wrote:
> On Apr 9, 7:40 pm, Rares Vernica <rvern...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The c++-mode in emacs 22 inserts a new line after the if, so the code
>> will look like this:
>>
>> if (a > 0)
>>    {
>
> This is called "GNU style" C.
>
>> How can I disable this. I would like the code to be like this:
>>
>> if (a > 0) {
>
> This is "K&R style" C.
> To change type C-c . k&r
>
> That's control-c dot k & r
>
> Other possibilities are Whitesmith style and Stroustrup style.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I recently switched from emacs 21 to emacs 22. I had an indentation
style which I liked in 21.

I tried all the indentation styles that are available for 22 and none of
them is exactly as the one I used. You can see the difference in this
example.

if (a > 0) {
   a++;
}

This is how I would like the code to look. The indentation is done using
spaces.

Few of the styles had the '{' on the same line as the 'if'. But none of
them used 2 spaces to do the indentation.

How can I figure out what indentation style I used in 21 and get the
same indentation style in 22?

Thanks a lot,
Ray

* Re: c++-mode newline after if
@ 2007-04-10 17:59     ` Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2007-04-10 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Apr 10, 6:38 pm, Rares Vernica <rvern...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Thorpe wrote:
> > On Apr 9, 7:40 pm, Rares Vernica <rvern...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> The c++-mode in emacs 22 inserts a new line after the if, so the code
> >> will look like this:
>
> >> if (a > 0)
> >>    {
>
> > This is called "GNU style" C.
>
> >> How can I disable this. I would like the code to be like this:
>
> >> if (a > 0) {
>
> > This is "K&R style" C.
> > To change type C-c . k&r
>
> > That's control-c dot k & r
>
> > Other possibilities are Whitesmith style and Stroustrup style.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I recently switched from emacs 21 to emacs 22. I had an indentation
> style which I liked in 21.
>
> I tried all the indentation styles that are available for 22 and none of
> them is exactly as the one I used. You can see the difference in this
> example.
>
> if (a > 0) {
>    a++;
>
> }
>
> This is how I would like the code to look. The indentation is done using
> spaces.
>
> Few of the styles had the '{' on the same line as the 'if'. But none of
> them used 2 spaces to do the indentation.
>
> How can I figure out what indentation style I used in 21 and get the
> same indentation style in 22?

Odd, I didn't know this had changed.
See the variables "indent-tabs-mode" and "c-basic-offset".