all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* regexp match failure
@ 2006-11-22 14:46 sandro.dentella
       [not found] ` <mailman.999.1164214909.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: sandro.dentella @ 2006-11-22 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  I can't understand wht's wrong with the following regexp:

(define-derived-mode mutt-mode text-mode "Mutt"
  (make-face 'mutt-variable-face)
  (font-lock-add-keywords
   nil
   '(
    ("^\\(Date\\|Status:\\)" 1 font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("^\\(\\S+:\\)" 1 font-lock-keyword-face)
  ))
  (font-lock-mode 1)
)

The first ine works, it colors Date: and Status:, the second line
should in my opinion be just a generalized version of the first line
but it does not work. BTW, i'd have written:

but it doens't work eather. Can anybody explain me what I'm missing?

Thanks
sandro
*:-)