all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course - Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
@ 2011-03-24  6:51 bolega
       [not found] ` <13a587d5-c0a1-42bd-9c10-e6c1057d4ec0@j35g2000prb.googlegroups.com>
From: bolega @ 2011-03-24  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons

http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/

I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
open in the office 2007 or open office ?

Thanks
Bolega

* Re: E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course - Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
       [not found] ` <13a587d5-c0a1-42bd-9c10-e6c1057d4ec0@j35g2000prb.googlegroups.com>
@ 2011-03-24 15:55   ` bolega
From: bolega @ 2011-03-24 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mar 24, 4:39 am, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2:51 am, bolega <gnuist...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> > Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
>
> >http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/
>
> > I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> > see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> > open in the office 2007 or open office ?
>
> On my site, the system says that the registry blocks opening of this
> type of file from the web. I didn't try downloading the ppts because
> there were html files next to them that should work just as well.

The site says that html are emaciated. ppts are desirable if they can
be opened as they can then be made into pdf and also annotated. please
see if anyone can help.

> Note that the official Tcl tutorial might be a more contemporary
> choice in material. You can find it athttp://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/tcltutorial.html
> .
>
> Also,http://wiki.tcl.tk/is a tcl community hub of information on Tcl
> and Tk.  There you will find tutorials, pointers to tutorials, book
> reviews, software, and more.

cheers

@ 2011-03-24 16:47 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-03-24 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons

> http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/

> I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> open in the office 2007 or open office ?

I think the problem is with trying to learn Tcl/Tk instead of (Emacs) Lisp.