Martin! Yes, I meant "dragging" the mouse. Wrong entries are not only associated with latex mode. Here example on calender:holiday going into org-mode(cal_hol.png; org_hol.png). Corruption of menu from other mode. When starting emacs -Q I cant see any different behavior. Invoking dired with C-x d or M-x dired give the same result - incomplete menues as shown in dired1. However "dragging" the mouse opens the menues shown in dired2. Den 2019-08-17 kl. 10:24, skrev martin rudalics: > > It seems to be by random(I am maybe not enough systematic). At one > > occasion all menus came up correctly in > > latexmode((latexOK.png). Next try came with obviously corrupted > > command-menu(latex_wrongCommand.png). I get those by dragging the > > mouse from "tools" upwards and then down to "preview". But not every > > time. > > I suppose you mean just "moving" the mouse, here we use "dragging" for > moving the mouse with one of its buttons pressed.  Are "tools" and > "peview" submenus of the latex menu? > > > Today I cant get the correct menues for org-mode > > directly(0rg1.org2,org3) but, at one occasion, skifting from > > latexmode after I got the menus there the menues come also in > > org-mode though not the correct "text"(org4.png). > > Are all wrong entries somewhat related to latex?  From the text above > it sounds so.  But since you earlier said that 'dired' had similar > problems ... > > I would try to isolate the problematic modes first, if there are any. > For example, if you start Emacs with -Q and invoke 'dired', can you > produce the problem? > > > Downgrading Emacs?? In that case to what version? Is it in that case > > necessary also to downgrade GTK?? > > It depends.  If the problem is in the GTK version, it might help to > downgrade GTK only (not really advisable if other applications depend > on a GTK library).  In either case, downgrading anything should be the > last option to try. > > martin