On Fri, 2022-06-03 at 16:23 +0800, Po Lu wrote: > > Okay, I removed the version check. > > Thanks, but you forgot to adjust this check in configure.ac: > > if test "${window_system}" = "x11"; then > GTK_REQUIRED=3.10 > else > GTK_REQUIRED=3.20 > fi > > and the announcement in etc/NEWS. Thank you, I fixed it. > > > I am afraid that this is not possible because GTK does not seem to have > > a way for setting such states. As far as I can see, it is only > > possible to maximize a window and to set it to fullscreen (fullboth). > > Too bad, I guess a footnote should be added in the node "Size > Parameters" in the Lisp reference manual. Currently, setting fullwidth or fullheight results in an temporary inconsistency till the next window_state_event arrives and resets the fullscreen parameter. In theory, we could reset the fullscreen parameter to the correct value directly in `set_fullscreen_state' by looking at the GtkWindow. But I'm not sure if that's a good idea.