On 2024-05-12 09:34, Juri Linkov wrote: >>> If there's an agreement about this issue, could you, Jared, please >>> post the final patch reflecting the agreements? >>> If there's no agreement, what are the issues that prevent it? ... details elided ... >> Does this sound like a good plan? > > Thanks, looks like a good thing to do. Thank you! Final version of all three commits attached. These address all comments raised on this thread. I think after these patches are applied, the remaining work to resolve this would be having the ELPA package added and me updating NEWS and the manual. I can start on the updates. -- MJF