all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs auto command execution
@ 2006-07-27 16:42 psvalins
From: psvalins @ 2006-07-27 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw

Hi,
Has anybody seen this problem wherein the emacs automatically fires a
command in
idle time. In idle time my emacs fires a find file command. Does
anybody know how
to get rid of this.
Thanks
-V

* Re: emacs auto command execution
@ 2006-08-01 23:16 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-08-01 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw

psvalins@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody seen this problem wherein the emacs automatically fires a
> command in
> idle time. In idle time my emacs fires a find file command. Does
> anybody know how
> to get rid of this.
> Thanks
> -V

Does it occur when you invoke emacs with the -q --no-site-file
command line options?

Tell us precisely what symptoms you observe when "emacs automatically
fires a command in idle time".  Do you get a "Find file: " prompt?  Is
there anything in the *Messages* buffer?

--
Kevin