all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: A540OJhQ3kS@pm.me
To: "help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Magit obsolete ?
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 18:16:50 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

The same thing happened to me and I was wondering why it shows "obsolete" even for newly installed packages without any preexisting ones. So I used to read it as "installed" thinking it as some emacs thing because it seems, at least to me, emacs likes to use its own terms in its own way. Anyway, it was not a problem because it always informed me if there's any available update. Some time later, I found that all of "obsolete" signs were changed to more sensible "installed". I wondered why but wasn't bothered to dig into. Just an experience seconding yours.

Best regards