On 28/06/2017 01:50, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 6/27/17 10:51 PM, Charles A. Roelli wrote: > >> I think it follows the tradition of other *-message functions, which >> normally use the calling convention of `message'/`format-message'. > > Do we really need a function in "the tradition of other *-message > functions" if we don't ever use it like that? I don't know. It might be helpful in the future, and it makes sense to follow the existing convention even if we don't make use of it yet (patch v3 attached).