all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to copy rectangles
@ 2003-10-09 20:50 Siegfried Heintze
From: Siegfried Heintze @ 2003-10-09 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a nice yank-rectangle command -- I really like it.

My problem is that there is only a kill-rectangle command. Why is there no
kill-rectangle-save command? I need it!

I can copy a rectangle to a register with copy-rectangle command, but how do
I extract it from the register? There is no insert-rectangle command. I
guess insert-register works. Well anyway, does anyone have a
kill-rectangle-save command I could have? Was it omitted intentionally?

  Thanks for the good work you guys!
  Sieg