all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Run NTEmacs from cmd prompt under windows xp
@ 2004-12-04 15:57 emacs Fan
From: emacs Fan @ 2004-12-04 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
Everyone.

I want to use ssh in emacs.(CVS Emacs and Cygwin)
But it seems that the windows version of NTEmacs has some problems
when I use ssh command in emacs shell.(famous terminal probelm).

So I  have to start emacs with option -nw under cmd prompt.
But the prompt window seems too small for display the emacs buffer. or
how to control emacs to only display in 80X25 mode?

Thanks in advance.
--
steven

* Re: Run NTEmacs from cmd prompt under windows xp
       [not found] <mailman.3530.1102176479.27204.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-12-05 16:01 ` John Paul Wallington
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2004-12-05 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

emacs Fan <emacsnt@gmail.com> writes:

> So I  have to start emacs with option -nw under cmd prompt.
> But the prompt window seems too small for display the emacs buffer. or
> how to control emacs to only display in 80X25 mode?

Either change the Command Prompt preperties so that the Screen Buffer
Size is the same as the Window Size, or say:
(setq w32-use-full-screen-buffer nil)
in your Emacs init-file to use the window dimensions instead of the
screen buffer dimensions.

@ 2004-12-06 17:35 ` Ola Nilsson
From: Ola Nilsson @ 2004-12-06 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

emacs Fan <emacsnt@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to use ssh in emacs.(CVS Emacs and Cygwin)
> But it seems that the windows version of NTEmacs has some problems
> when I use ssh command in emacs shell.(famous terminal probelm).
>
> So I  have to start emacs with option -nw under cmd prompt.
> But the prompt window seems too small for display the emacs buffer. or
> how to control emacs to only display in 80X25 mode?

I like the rxvt cygwin terminal emulator. I don't know how a
win32-native emacs works in that emulator, but maybe you can use the
cygwin emacs?

--
/Ola Nilsson