all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help needed to enable cscope
@ 2008-12-03  2:46 ZelluX
From: ZelluX @ 2008-12-03  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, all

I'm new  to emacs and now have some difficulty in enabling cscope in
emacs.

I've installed cscope on my ArchLinux and downloaded xcscope.el and
cscope-indexer from cscope.sf.net

Then i copied cscope-indexer to /usr/bin(with executable permission)
and xcscope.el to ~/emacs, and add lines to ~/.emacs like this:

(setq load-path (cons "~/emacs" load-path))
(require 'xcscope)

But when i start emacs again, and press Ctrl-c s, it says 'C-c s is
undefined'. At first i thought it was because emacs couldnot find
xcscope, but when i renamed xcscope.el to xcscope1.el, the emacs said
'cannot find xcscope', which didn't occur before renaming, so i think
the path is just right.

Could you help me find out where the problem lies? Thanks for your
reply.

* Re: Help needed to enable cscope
       [not found] <a2bbc2d2-d223-4c09-85ee-ff3c4069520e@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>
@ 2008-12-03  3:26 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-12-03  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ZelluX <zellux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, all
>
> I'm new  to emacs and now have some difficulty in enabling cscope in
> emacs.
>
> I've installed cscope on my ArchLinux and downloaded xcscope.el and
> cscope-indexer from cscope.sf.net
>
> Then i copied cscope-indexer to /usr/bin(with executable permission)
> and xcscope.el to ~/emacs, and add lines to ~/.emacs like this:
>
> (setq load-path (cons "~/emacs" load-path))
> (require 'xcscope)
>
> But when i start emacs again, and press Ctrl-c s, it says 'C-c s is
> undefined'. At first i thought it was because emacs couldnot find
> xcscope, but when i renamed xcscope.el to xcscope1.el, the emacs said
> 'cannot find xcscope', which didn't occur before renaming, so i think
> the path is just right.
>
> Could you help me find out where the problem lies? Thanks for your
> reply.

Did you open a C file first? Is there a cscope menu item?

Check the functions are available

C-h f cscope-find-global-definition

or

M-x cscope<TAB>

Are functions defined?

My set up for cscope can be seen here:

http://richardriley.net/default/projects/emacs/dotprogramming#sec-1.2

@ 2008-12-03  4:02 ` Chetan
From: Chetan @ 2008-12-03  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ZelluX <zellux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, all
>
> I'm new  to emacs and now have some difficulty in enabling cscope in
> emacs.
>
> I've installed cscope on my ArchLinux and downloaded xcscope.el and
> cscope-indexer from cscope.sf.net
>
> Then i copied cscope-indexer to /usr/bin(with executable permission)
> and xcscope.el to ~/emacs, and add lines to ~/.emacs like this:
>
> (setq load-path (cons "~/emacs" load-path))
> (require 'xcscope)
>
> But when i start emacs again, and press Ctrl-c s, it says 'C-c s is
> undefined'. At first i thought it was because emacs couldnot find
> xcscope, but when i renamed xcscope.el to xcscope1.el, the emacs said
> 'cannot find xcscope', which didn't occur before renaming, so i think
> the path is just right.
>
> Could you help me find out where the problem lies? Thanks for your
> reply.
What type of file are you editing?

Chetan