all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Asking AUCTEX to accept  ".latex" extension
@ 2008-07-24  5:12 gentsquash
From: gentsquash @ 2008-07-24  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Just today I enabled AUCTEX.  I have skimmed the AUCTEX doc
but haven't found how to augment the set of extensions that
AUCTEX will recognize as source files.

I have several hundred files; some have extension ".latex",
some ".amstex" and some ".tex".  In Emacs, when I visit,
say, "ergodic.latex", type C-c C-c and select the LaTeX
option, the TeX buffer displays

    ! I can't find file `ergodic.latex.tex'.

Is there an AUCTEX regexp-variable that I can set so that
latex will be run on "ergodic.latex"?  (I would prefer not
to rename my files, if possible.)

NB: The value of TeX-master in "ergodic.latex" is `nil',
and the first line of the file is

%	-*-\latex-*-

--
Prof. Jonathan King	 Mathematics dept, Univ. of Florida

* Re: Asking AUCTEX to accept ".latex" extension
@ 2008-07-24 13:03 ` gentsquash
From: gentsquash @ 2008-07-24 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Answering my own question, I wanted to adjoing "latex"
to variable

          TeX-file-extensions

--Jonathan King      Mathematics dept, Univ. of Florida