On 2016-12-22 13:04, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I would like to try and understand the problem. For that I need a > minimal setup that will show the problem while still making sense, > i.e. when the characters in the buffer are displayed by the offending > font. A setup with a font that is not actually used for display > doesn't seem to be sensible; if showing the problem with real > characters requires a somewhat more elaborate setup, please show it. Thanks. I'll try to make a more reproducible example. This might suffer some delays, though; I need to send my laptop for repairs. Clément.