all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
To: Alexandre Oberlin <email_through@migo.info>, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: RE: Enriched mode: avoid removing my manual indents
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 06:25:46 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

> I just don’t get the rationale of it and why it is so hard to disable. All
> I want from enriched mode is persistent colors/bold/italic, otherwise the
> standard indentation behavior of fundamental-mode and text-mode is OK for
> me. I tried indent-to-column, use-hard-newlines and indented-text-mode
> with no avail. Maybe I should try org-mode but I don’t have so much time
> to learn such things.
> >
> > I use enriched mode extensively but if I start a new line say on column
> > 8, then why does enriched mode think that is an error and put it back to
> > beginning of line as soon as I type return ?

You can use `M-x report-emacs-bug' to submit an enhancement request.  If enriched mode couples indenting text with coloring it, and the two cannot be dissociated, that sounds like something that could be improved.

It's best to give a complete and simple recipe to repro the problematic behavior, starting from `emacs -Q'.