all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
@ 2014-10-21  0:12 Mike
From: Mike @ 2014-10-21  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi guys,

I have just decided to use Emacs and GDB for my FORTRAN coding. Everything seem to work perfectly, but the GDB and Emacs integration. I know GDB is working fine since I can operate it in terminal, but as soon as I try to use it in Emacs I get "no such file or directory gdb".

This problem is probably related to disagreement between the PATH in a shell and my Emacs exec-path as already discussed in  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gnu.emacs.help/WkjoK2L57rE.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to set the PATH in Emacs. However, I tried the following from above link that did not work:
"There is also a way to launch GNU Emacs from the Terminal (has the correct path) à la:

        open /Applications/Emacs.app

Then it will inherit $PATH's value and set exec-path accordingly. (Mac OS X misses some understanding of setting paths on an UNIX system.)
"

Does any one know how can I solve the problem?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Kind regards

Mike

* gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
@ 2014-01-16  4:38 Rob Kinsey
From: Rob Kinsey @ 2014-01-16  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi guys,

Having a little trouble getting gdb to work inside emacs on OSX Mavericks. I know it is installed, as it runs ok in the terminal, but if I try to debug a program in emacs, I get the message:

Searching for program: No such file or directory, gdb

So far my research has led be to understand that although the native front end is starting, emacs is not actually finding gdb itself. How can I link these two programs together, I have also tried searching though the emacs preferences to no avail.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Rob.