all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Context menu? How to make mouse-popup-menubar-stuff work?
@ 2009-10-15 21:51 LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-15 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I'd like to have menu popping up after right-click like in xemacs.

Browsing through the docs of emacs 22 I found

<C-down-mouse-3> at that spot runs the command mouse-popup-menubar-
stuff
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mouse.el'.
It is bound to <C-down-mouse-3>.
(mouse-popup-menubar-stuff event prefix)

Popup a menu like either `mouse-major-mode-menu' or `mouse-popup-
menubar'.
Use the former if the menu bar is showing, otherwise the latter.

But pressing C-down-mouse-3 has no effect, just after releasing I get
the message
"<C-mouse-3> is undefined"

in emacs23 its even more complicated it says
----------
(mouse-popup-menubar-stuff event prefix)

This function is obsolete since 23.1.
----------

Can it be that the behaviour of mouse-3 to mark the end of a region is
interfering here?

Puzzled and appreciating any help
cheers
  rolf

* Re: Context menu? How to make mouse-popup-menubar-stuff work?
@ 2009-10-15 23:37 ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-15 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hi

executing

(global-set-key [down-mouse-3] 'mouse-popup-menubar-stuff)

saved the problem for me (at least in emacs22), but I even that I
don't need <C-down-mouse-3> it's strange that I can't use it(?)

Cheers
  Rolf