all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mapping alt to altgr
@ 2005-06-06  9:24 Daniel Aarno
       [not found] ` <mailman.3509.1118055130.25862.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Daniel Aarno @ 2005-06-06  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I tried to map left alt to altgr (right alt) in emacs without success. I
tried using xmodmap to do this by changing alt_L from mod1 to mod2 but emacs
didn't like that. Doing that makes left alt work as altgr in all other xprogram
such as xterm and even XEmacs. However, running emacs both left alt and altgr
now only gives me the beeep when I try to use them. I'm on a Solaris 9 OS with
sun swedish key-board.

Greatful for any insight

/Daniel Aarno