all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ediff line wrap
@ 2006-04-19  0:56 Rares Vernica
       [not found] ` <mailman.609.1145486782.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Rares Vernica @ 2006-04-19  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

How can I set ediff not to wrap the long lines?

Right now, instead of printing an incomplete line, it prints the line on
multiple screen-line.

Thanks,
Ray

* Re: ediff line wrap
@ 2006-04-19 22:44 ` Kevin Rodgers
       [not found] ` <mailman.609.1145486782.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-04-19 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rares Vernica wrote:
> How can I set ediff not to wrap the long lines?
>
> Right now, instead of printing an incomplete line, it prints the line on
> multiple screen-line.

My crystal ball says you are running ediff with the A and B buffers
displayed side-by-side, so you should set truncate-partial-width-windows
to nil.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: ediff line wrap
       [not found] ` <mailman.609.1145486782.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-04-19 23:48   ` Rares Vernica
From: Rares Vernica @ 2006-04-19 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Setting truncate-partial-width-windows to nil will have effect on all
the windows, regardless is they are ediff windows or not.

I would like this to be set only for ediff windows.

Thanks,
Ray

Kevin Rodgers wrote:
> Rares Vernica wrote:
>> How can I set ediff not to wrap the long lines?
>>
>> Right now, instead of printing an incomplete line, it prints the line
>> on multiple screen-line.
>
> My crystal ball says you are running ediff with the A and B buffers
> displayed side-by-side, so you should set truncate-partial-width-windows
> to nil.

* Re: ediff line wrap
@ 2006-04-20 10:01     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-04-20 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Rares Vernica <rvernica@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:48:53 -0700
>
> Setting truncate-partial-width-windows to nil will have effect on all
> the windows, regardless is they are ediff windows or not.

No, it affects only those windows whose width is less than the full
frame's width.  Do you indeed have many such windows in your session?
If not (most users don't), the effect will be close to what you want.