all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to dissociate constants from text
@ 2006-04-19 16:36 Riadh Elloumi
From: Riadh Elloumi @ 2006-04-19 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

We are using GCC 3.3.3 cross compilation to ARM9e target. In our ARM9
chip, we have TCM (tightly coupled memory) which is divided in 32K
instrcutions (I-TCM) and 32K data (D-TCM). As this memory has a Harvard
architecture, we get 1 wait state when loading a data from the
instruction part (I-TCM), and zero wait state when fetching it from
D-TCM. But arm-elf-gcc involves some constants in the end of functions
and this makes the code slower when executed in I-TCM than in cache...

Is there any option in gcc, or a patch to make him separate these
constants from the functions, and map them in, let's say, a .constants
section that we can load in D-TCM.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Riadh.

* Re: How to dissociate constants from text
@ 2006-04-19 16:38 Riadh Elloumi
From: Riadh Elloumi @ 2006-04-19 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for the confusion between emacs and gcc forums. Sure this is not
the right place for my post.

--
Riadh Elloumi
Software Architect

Tel +33 (0) 1 48 03 70 14
Fax +33 (0) 1 48 03 06 66
Email: riadh.elloumi@parrot.fr
http://www.parrot.biz

* Re: How to dissociate constants from text
@ 2006-04-20  6:25 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2006-04-20  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Riadh Elloumi <riadh.elloumi@parrot.fr> writes:

> Sorry for the confusion between emacs and gcc forums. Sure this is not
> the right place for my post.

maybe it's the right place but the wrong time (someday, emacs will
support M-x compile-to-native for various HLLs, but not today... ;-).

thi