all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Disable/change foreground color for org-link
@ 2014-11-28 12:34 Daniel Friman
From: Daniel Friman @ 2014-11-28 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I want to disable or change the default foreground color for "org-link".

It works well to do this manually using customize-face and unchecking
the org-link option. But I am not able to update the init file properly
for org-mode to get this working. Please point me in the right direction
how to do this.

Regards,
Daniel Friman

* Re: Disable/change foreground color for org-link
       [not found] <mailman.14873.1417185024.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-28 18:53 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-11-28 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Daniel Friman <daniel.friman@fripost.org> writes:

> It works well to do this manually using
> customize-face and unchecking the org-link option.
> But I am not able to update the init file properly
> for org-mode to get this working. Please point me in
> the right direction how to do this.

There are many ways to set the colors of faces.

For just the foreground, there is
`set-face-foreground'. However I always want the least
specific form, and then I'll fill in the specifics
myself :)

Try this:

(custom-set-faces
  '(default ; your face here
     ((t (:foreground "cyan"
          :background "black"))))) ; add more properties here

Finding out what the face is called is actually the
first step. You can use this defun to find out the
face name at point:

(defun what-face (pos)
  (interactive "d")
  (let ((face (or (get-char-property (point) 'read-face-name)
                  (get-char-property (point) 'face))))
    (if face (message " Face: %s" face)
      (message " No face at %d." pos) )))

Check out this link for examples: