all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* read-event question
@ 2006-04-14  9:55 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-14  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having a really trivial problem, but I haven't been able to find
the answer in the Emacs or Emacs-Lisp manuals.  I'm sure I'm just
looking in the wrong place.

Here's the problem: I'm using `read-event' to, well, read a user
event.  I want to do something when the user enters `M-n', but I just
can't seem to find a way to translate `M-n' into whatever `read-event'
returns (or vice versa).

Using `read-event' and tapping `M-n' returns a large integer:

(read-event) => 134217838

Is there some function I can use to map [(meta n)] or whatever to this
number?