On 2/9/20 11:34 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I suspect the sxhash changes on Jan 7. This problem started happening > in that day's build. Right you are. The problem was Emacs was using a hash table to unify identical Lisp compiled objects when purecopying them, even though their doc strings were not set up yet (and so were 0 placeholders that always compared equal). Formerly this bug was masked because sxhash simply returned the objects' hashed addresses, but the January 7 changes unveiled the bug. I install the attached patch to fix the problem.