all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Preserve colours from a shell session
@ 2009-02-23 15:38 Decebal
       [not found] ` <mailman.1561.1235404243.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Decebal @ 2009-02-23 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When working with a shell in Emacs, things are colored. But when
saving the buffer and reopening it later, the colors have disappeared.
Is there a way to preserve the colors?

* Re: Preserve colours from a shell session
@ 2009-02-23 15:50 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.1561.1235404243.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-02-23 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Decebal; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 23.02.2009 um 16:38 schrieb Decebal:

> When working with a shell in Emacs, things are colored. But when
> saving the buffer and reopening it later, the colors have disappeared.
> Is there a way to preserve the colors?

No. But you can give the buffer the same mode(s) as the *shell* buffer.

--
Greetings

   Pete

’Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to
thank her for it.
				— W.C. Fields

@ 2009-02-23 16:29   ` Decebal
From: Decebal @ 2009-02-23 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 23 feb, 16:50, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> > When working with a shell in Emacs, things are colored. But when
> > saving the buffer and reopening it later, the colors have disappeared.
> > Is there a way to preserve the colors?
>
> No. But you can give the buffer the same mode(s) as the *shell* buffer.

I use M-x shell-mode.
This gives (Shell:no process). The original buffer had (Shell:run),
but it looks like that this is not a problem.
Thanks.