all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs display frozen
@ 2010-11-12  0:46 Glen Rubin
From: Glen Rubin @ 2010-11-12  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!  I am using latest emacs 23.x on the latest gnome ubuntu.
Sometimes when I am using emacs (esp switching between apps)  the
window will lock up.  I try clicking in a window and typing but to no
avail.  After clicking on one of the options in the toolbar at top
(e.g. file, edit, etc..), the window will unfreeze and let me start
typing again.  Wanted to see if anybody had an idea what might be
wrong, before I went filing bug reports.  thanks!

* Re: emacs display frozen
@ 2010-11-12  9:22 ` Elena
From: Elena @ 2010-11-12  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

The standard procedure whenever Emacs "misbehaves" is restarting it
with -q option:

emacs -q

If the defect is still there, then you have found a bug.  Report it
along with:
- exact Emacs version, which you can know by "M-x emacs-
version" (switch to *Messages* buffer to copy the output string);
- details about your system.