all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GNU global, gtags and other languages (Javascript, Ruby)
@ 2014-10-10 13:24 Mi Nombre
       [not found] ` <mailman.10960.1412989109.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Mi Nombre @ 2014-10-10 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to have Javascript and / or Ruby support with Global and gtags?

I've tested ctags, which seems to support Javascript at least, but it lacks of some fancy characteristics (like find references and "going back" functionallity that Emacs / gtags-mode has).

What's the normal way to use tags in Emacs? Changing tags engine depending of the language?

Thanks!

* Re: GNU global, gtags and other languages (Javascript, Ruby)
@ 2014-10-11  0:58 ` Leo Liu
       [not found] ` <mailman.10960.1412989109.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Leo Liu @ 2014-10-11  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2014-10-10 06:24 -0700, Mi Nombre wrote:
> Is there a way to have Javascript and / or Ruby support with Global
> and gtags?

Yes. Build a global with support for exuberant-ctags and
pygments-plugin. See, for example, instructions here:

        https://github.com/leoliu/ggtags#install-global-and-plugins

Leo

@ 2014-10-12 16:00   ` Mi Nombre
From: Mi Nombre @ 2014-10-12 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

El viernes, 10 de octubre de 2014 21:58:00 UTC-3, Leo Liu escribió:
> On 2014-10-10 06:24 -0700, Mi Nombre wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to have Javascript and / or Ruby support with Global
>
> > and gtags?
>

> Yes. Build a global with support for exuberant-ctags and
>
> pygments-plugin. See, for example, instructions here:
>

>         https://github.com/leoliu/ggtags#install-global-and-plugins
>

> Leo

Thanks! It was somehow difficult but I could install gtags with exuberant-ctags and pygments-plugin. I'm now using ggtags-mode :)