all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Redirect Output
@ 2010-03-30 21:23 Johan Andersson
From: Johan Andersson @ 2010-03-30 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hey,

I have a batch program where I run some Elisp functions and then print some
results. The problem is that some of the functions I'm calling produces
output. And I don't want that. So I'm basically looking for a way to only
output my printing.

The first I thought about was redirecting stdout to something else. Like
this:

#!/usr/bin/emacs --script

(let* ((buffer (get-buffer-create "output"))
       (standard-output buffer))
  (print "some printing"))

That works fine, except that it does not bite on message. Like this:

#!/usr/bin/emacs --script
(let* ((buffer (get-buffer-create "output"))
       (standard-output buffer))
  (message "some message"))

Any ideas how I can solve this?