I just notice when I played a bit with hfyview.el that there is a bug in hfy-fontify-buffer. Or at least I believe it is there. The problem seems to be that a substring is copied with all text properties to the new buffer. Some of them will prevent htmlfontify from working correctly. I think the call to copy-buffer should be replaced with something that does the same thing but removes some of the text properties. This is what I just did in hfyview.el, but that is the wrong place to do it. See line 512 in the attached hfyview.el for some suspicious text properties (I am not sure how they work so I took them all. Beside that I saw that font-sticky and rear-nonsticky is not described on (info "(elisp) Special Properties").) I found the problem when I did like this: load hfyview.el M-x hfyview-frame-mode M-x Push This will work now, but that is due to that the call to propertize on line 515 in hfyview.el removes some text properties from the variable str before the insertion in the buffer. (I am not sure which ones that helped here.) If you do not remove these text properties then the content of the minibuffer will not be shown in the htmlfontify output. I have attached hfyview.el