On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Lennart Borgman wrote: > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM, martin rudalics wrote: >>> Ehum, as always..., here is a better, somewhat more working version... ;-) >> >> IIUC you're going down in some window tree and try to distribute the >> available space among the children of each internal window.  But the >> interesting part is when you have to backtrack because some window >> didn't fit into its parent and you have to shrink (or enlarge) some >> (grand-)parent's sibling.  I couldn't find that part :-( > > > And that is the whole point of going up the tree and collecting sizes first... Here is the walking down part too. You have to tell me what you are missing.