all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Viper search to open hideshow folds?
@ 2009-07-27  7:27 Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2009-07-27  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I use viper and hs-minor-mode. I would like viper to obey the
'hs-isearch-open' variable. Or at least, have it open any fold that
contains a search result? Right now, the cursor just sits on the
closed fold line. One has to open it, and type another 'n' to locate
the search.

This is the main reason why I have to use isearch sometimes (I
wouldn't mind viper to search interactively either, but that's a
different story).

I really would be thrilled if somehow, viper would open the folds.

Any ideas or hacks?

Guido

--
Theory of Selective Supervision:
	The one time in the day that you lean back and relax is

http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!

* Re: Viper search to open hideshow folds?
@ 2009-07-27 12:39 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-07-27 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Van Hoecke; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Guido Van Hoecke<gnuemacs@vanhoecke.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use viper and hs-minor-mode. I would like viper to obey the
> 'hs-isearch-open' variable. Or at least, have it open any fold that
> contains a search result? Right now, the cursor just sits on the
> closed fold line. One has to open it, and type another 'n' to locate
> the search.
>
> This is the main reason why I have to use isearch sometimes (I
> wouldn't mind viper to search interactively either, but that's a
> different story).
>
> I really would be thrilled if somehow, viper would open the folds.
>
> Any ideas or hacks?

Please send a bug report.

* Re: Viper search to open hideshow folds?
@ 2009-07-27 16:53   ` Guido Van Hoecke
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3263.1248713845.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2009-07-27 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Guido Van Hoecke<gnuemacs@vanhoecke.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use viper and hs-minor-mode. I would like viper to obey the
>> 'hs-isearch-open' variable. Or at least, have it open any fold that
>> contains a search result? Right now, the cursor just sits on the
>> closed fold line. One has to open it, and type another 'n' to locate
>> the search.
>>
>> This is the main reason why I have to use isearch sometimes (I
>> wouldn't mind viper to search interactively either, but that's a
>> different story).
>>
>> I really would be thrilled if somehow, viper would open the folds.
>>
>> Any ideas or hacks?
>

> Please send a bug report.

Isn't this more a kind of feature request?

Guido

--
I used to be an agnostic, but now I'm not so sure.

@ 2009-07-27 16:57     ` Lennart Borgman
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3263.1248713845.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-07-27 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Van Hoecke; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Guido Van Hoecke<gnuemacs@vanhoecke.org> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Guido Van Hoecke<gnuemacs@vanhoecke.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I use viper and hs-minor-mode. I would like viper to obey the
>>> 'hs-isearch-open' variable. Or at least, have it open any fold that
>>> contains a search result? Right now, the cursor just sits on the
>>> closed fold line. One has to open it, and type another 'n' to locate
>>> the search.
>>>
>>> This is the main reason why I have to use isearch sometimes (I
>>> wouldn't mind viper to search interactively either, but that's a
>>> different story).
>>>
>>> I really would be thrilled if somehow, viper would open the folds.
>>>
>>> Any ideas or hacks?
>>

>> Please send a bug report.
>
> Isn't this more a kind of feature request?

Not sure how others think, but this might be considered a bug. And
some bugs gets classified to the "wish-list". It is not too bad, they
will perhaps not be forgotten there.

@ 2009-07-27 17:16       ` guivho
From: guivho @ 2009-07-27 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 27, 6:57 pm, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Guido Van Hoecke<gnuem...@vanhoecke.org> wrote:

> >> Please send a bug report.
>
> > Isn't this more a kind of feature request?
>
> Not sure how others think, but this might be considered a bug. And
> some bugs gets classified to the "wish-list". It is not too bad, they
> will perhaps not be forgotten there.

Ok, Lennart, I'll file a bug report.
Thanx for your replies.

guivho (I initially used my gnuemacs@vanhoecke.org address)