all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Copying the colours used by one major mode to another
@ 2009-06-29 14:45 Jim Burton
       [not found] ` <mailman.1541.1246337910.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jim Burton @ 2009-06-29 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I want to customize one major mode to use the same colours as
another. Both of these modes are for editing source code (Agda and
Haskell, respectively), the second mode being much more readable with
dark themes. I want to do this locally, i.e. in ~/.emacs, and hoped
there was an easy way to do it without copying lots of properties by
hand. Is there an easy way to do this?  What are the hard ways?

Jim

* Re: Copying the colours used by one major mode to another
@ 2009-06-29 22:37 ` Lennart Borgman
       [not found] ` <mailman.1541.1246337910.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-06-29 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Burton; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Jim Burton<j.burton@brighton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I want to customize one major mode to use the same colours as
> another. Both of these modes are for editing source code (Agda and
> Haskell, respectively), the second mode being much more readable with
> dark themes. I want to do this locally, i.e. in ~/.emacs, and hoped
> there was an easy way to do it without copying lots of properties by
> hand. Is there an easy way to do this?  What are the hard ways?

The default font lock faces are supposed to be readable. Perhaps the
best would be to contact the Agda mode author and ask if he/she want
to use the default font lock fonts?

@ 2009-06-30  8:55   ` Jim Burton
From: Jim Burton @ 2009-06-30  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Jim Burton<j.burton@brighton.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi, I want to customize one major mode to use the same colours as
>> another. Both of these modes are for editing source code (Agda and
>> Haskell, respectively), the second mode being much more readable with
>> dark themes. I want to do this locally, i.e. in ~/.emacs, and hoped
>> there was an easy way to do it without copying lots of properties by
>> hand. Is there an easy way to do this?  What are the hard ways?
>
> The default font lock faces are supposed to be readable. Perhaps the
> best would be to contact the Agda mode author and ask if he/she want
> to use the default font lock fonts?

Thanks Lennart, I'll do that.
--
Jim Burton