On 6/16/08, Juri Linkov wrote: > > >>>> I think the key `C-x w' by its mnemonics would be more suitable for > >>>> a command that writes to the file like `C-x C-w'. > >>>> > >>>> As the comment in hi-lock.el suggests to bind it rather to `C-z h', > >>> I just want the key binding to be the same as I use outside of isearch. > >>> > >>> There were no global binding for `occur' so in that case I thought > >>> `M-s o' was good, but in this case I would really prefer the same > >>> binding inside isearch. > >> > >> `C-x w h' is not available until hi-lock.el is loaded, but `M-s h' > >> is the pretty harmless and convenient key binding to keep the > >> isearch highlighting permanent in the entire buffer. > > > > Yes, but I suggested adding `C-x w h' to global-map too. Is there any > > reason not to do that? (It is useful, not dangerous and the binding seems > > to be reserved.) > > I think it is better to reserve the global `C-x w' for more > mnemonic commands (e.g. "write" or "window"), and rebind hi-lock > keys to the search specific prefix key. That idea seems good to me as long as a key for highlight-regexp is defined in global-map.